I’m currently recruiting for an experienced Deputy Supply Chain Manager to join a leading chemical company in the Liverpool Region. You will report directly to the UK Purchasing and Supply Chain Manager.
Working integrally with other members of the Purchasing and Supply team, the role holder is responsible for the effectiveness of the Purchasing and Supply Chain elements at the site, delivering performance to agreed procedures and standards, suggesting and implementing improvements as necessary to address the changing nature of the business and its environment.
- Up to £47,000 salary (Flexible depending on experience)
- 38 hours per week, with flexible hours depending on your preference.
- Opportunity for occasional Global travel.
- Additional holiday for 5 years’ service.
- Life assurance.
- Physio and occupational health workers on site.
- Annual Bonus scheme.
- Foresight of moving into the UK Supply Chain Manager position after 1-2 years.
- Be an integral part of a growing Supply Chain team.
- CIPS or equivalent Supply Chain Qualification or experience
- Experience in production and demand planning and demand forecasting.
- Track record of good supervisory skills
- Drive, determination and resilience with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Competence in managing administrative systems to ensure accurate data to support business information requirements.
- Organisation and problem-solving skills and the ability to source information on demand
- Experience of using SAP
- Excellent communication skills including fluency in English (both written and oral)
- There may be a requirement to travel globally occasionally to fully integrate with the Global supply team hence
- flexibility is a prerequisite of the role.
- Skilled and experienced negotiator
- Excellence in the use of MS office products
- Experience in working in an organisation, spanning multiple geographies and cultures
- Experience in Purchasing and Supply Chain.
- Strong interpersonal skills, enthusiasm and ambition to be part of a successful team.
- A flexible approach to work in line with business requirements
- Provide support for the purchasing team, controlling and execution of agreed tasks.
- Understand, support and execute all distribution and planning elements for the local entity.
- Ensures timely and cost-efficient fulfillment of all UK customer and intercompany demand according to agreed S&OP plans by working closely with other team members and external stake holders.
- Monitors and resolves critical issues to ensure that agreed service levels are met or exceeded
- Supports overall operating excellence by controlling cost, operating efficiency and working to department service levels.
- Implementation and development of Purchasing and Supply Chain processes.
- Develop team work, with other colleagues, demonstrating your ability to work closely with all members of the team.
- Participate in the wider group and facilitate the implementation of such projects at the local level.
- Establishing positive relations with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Supervision and execution of the change control process for raw materials and packaging.
- Supervision and execution of the requirements under site waste procedure ensuring dual sourcing availability for disposal of site waste.
- Develop the skill, knowledge and experience to manage the energy supply agreements for the Site.
- Organisation of vendors and documentations systems to meet the company audit controls
- Establish monthly statistical reporting and KPI monitoring within both the Purchasing and Supply Chain functions.
- Provide cover for the Purchasing and Supply Chain Manger.
|Deputy Supply Chain Manager
|Up to £47,000
|38 Hours Per Week