We are looking for a dedicated and knowledgeable Fabricator and Welder to join an award-winning commercial dealer group, that produces fabricated and welded commercial vehicle bodies.
- Working for an official Great Place to Work and UK Best Workplace.
- Working for a Best UK Workplace for Wellbeing.
- Working with our award-winning team – we have been named ‘Service Provider of the Year’ at the WhatVan? Awards
- 2022 and winners at the IOIC Employee Engagement Awards.
- Access to 100s of employee perks on Perkbox.
- Auto-enrolment pension.
- A day off for your Birthday.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity policies.
- Access to our wellness programme and Employee Assistance Programmes, including WeCare from Canada Life (EAP with 24HR Online GP access and second Medical Opinion).
- Mental Health First Aiders.
- Reward and recognition programmes, including our annual setting standards awards.
- Annual appraisals programme and progression opportunities.
- Manufacturer training and access to our in-house training hub.
- Long service recognition.
- Branded uniform (front of house staff).
- Death in service benefit.
- Ongoing investment in company facilities and working environments
Day to day you will be:
- Working independently and on own initiative to set timelines and standards.
- Read engineering and fabrication drawings provided and work from own initiative.
- MIG welding fabricated parts in accordance with engineering drawings to specific company standards and procedures meeting company and customer requirements.
- Experience with a range of steel including mild steel, Zintec and aluminium sheets and sections of thickness’s ranging from 1mm to 6mm.
- Experience in tacking and MIG welding down hand, vertical down, overhead and complete structural welding, vertical up
- Occasional Plasma and Oxy acetylene cutting required and experience in the same is preferred.
- Experience in drilling and Jig making, jigged and un-jigged assembly to drawings
- To carry out welding / fabrication work as directed, ensuring that stated quality and safety standards and associated procedures are met.
- Ensure standards of good housekeeping are achieved in all work areas, including workshops, vehicles and at on site locations.
- Unloading deliveries and storing in correct locations
- Carry out any other reasonable projects, tasks or duties to support the business as directed by management.
- Compliance with company H&S, maintenance procedures & quality control to work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others
- Ensure good personal time keeping and conduct inline with agreed policies and procedures.
- Ensure all safety, regulatory, rule and Company changes/alterations to working practises are adhered to.
- Carry out duties with minimum supervision using own initiative to plan and prioritise workload within set timescales.
- You share our company values of Rewarding, Reliable and Respectful.
- You put health and safety and employee wellbeing first
- Fabrication (1 year, preferred)
- MIG Welding (1 year, preferred)
- You have an excellent understanding of the manufacturing process
|Job Category||Fabricator and Welder|
|Working Hours||40 hours|