To act as an extension of the client’s business by providing a single point of contact from sales contact through to quotation, bookings, delivery and aftercare. To work closely with the commercial team, finance and the operational team to ensure clients are retained with the primary objective of delivering year on year growth.
- Salary: £26,000 – £35,000 + commission
- Clear path of progression
- Calculate and supply competitive quotations to existing and/or potential customers.
- Co-ordinate and control all pricing functions.
- Production of strategic Pricing and Sales reports as requested.
- Provide assistance to Sales Team in pricing new business.
- Creation and maintenance of internal buying and selling tariffs for all key markets.
- Assist Branch Manager in generating profit for the department and Company.
- Assist with resolving in depth client enquiries and complaints.
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation and regulations governing the movement of cargo and the documentation relevant to it.
- Provide reports and regular updates to manager as requested and in line with reporting procedures
- Prompt reporting of Health & Safety concerns to your line manager or Operations Manager as appropriate.
- Take an active role in day-to-day operations to maintain your own expertise, market knowledge and ability to support and guide other members of the department.
- Ensure that the Branch management is kept advised of and complies with all appropriate legislation and regulations with regards to the movement of goods.
- Take an active role in developing and improving the Company’s relationships with its customers and key suppliers.
- Source quotations from company-designated agents for the movement of cargo from their area to specific destination(s) for various modes of transport – e.g. air, sea, road, rail.
- Negotiate with these carriers with respect to specific rates, spot rates, space availability, general handling charges and service capabilities.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Freight forwarding experience
- Shipping line / carrier side
- Would need sales experience
|Job Category||Inside Sales Co-Ordinator|
|Salary||£26,000 - £35,000 + commission|