Currently looking for a Logistics Administrator on behalf of our client, an established, market leading chilled food distribution company based in South Kirkby (WF9) on a full time, permanent basis working Monday – Friday rotational shifts of: 08:00 – 17:00 & 09:00 – 18:00. There will be a requirement to work overtime occasionally, and flexibility is required to sometimes change shifts and work over the weekend’s dependent on customer volumes.
Experience of working in a Transport / Logistics industry is desirable but not essential. Full training will be provided.
The company is a family owned and operated £multi-Million temperature-controlled storage and logistics business. The team is proud to offer a complete frozen supply chain solution for customers and has a hands-on approach to the seasonality of the food supply chain. Following continued growth, the business has recently invested over £2million to increase its storage capacity with a substantial 5-year investment plan in place for a sustainable future.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring our important customers receive their deliveries in a timely manner and in good condition, in accordance with DVSA legislation. As the first point of communication for our customers this is a customer centric role which directly impacts the success of the logistics service. Your duties will include liaising with customers, delivery points, subcontractors, and drivers, resolving queries, generating contract KPIs, booking and arranging deliveries, delivery document reconciliation and general order input. You will be working as part of a close team within a fast-paced frozen food supply chain environment, distributing goods for some of the UKs most recognised frozen food brands and manufacturers.
- First line of communication for our customer base
- Day to day customer service duties including the resolution and recording of discrepancies.
- Liaising with customers, delivery points and subcontractors to arrange bookings and deliveries.
- Working with the driving team and Planners to adjust existing route plans and ensure changes are communicated effectively.
- Accurately and efficiently inputting orders
- Proof of Delivery document scanning and reconciliation
- Working to build and develop effective working relationships with drivers.
- Assist the warehouse and stock control team to provide a complete logistics solution.
- Preparing reports and generating contract KPIs
Who are we looking for?
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced customer service administrator with a confident, friendly manner.
- Must possess demonstrable administrative or coordination experience in a fast-moving setting.
- Experience within the frozen or chilled food industry or 3rd party logistics is desirable.
- Must be customer focussed and able to concentrate on solving issues if they occur.
- Great communication skills (written and verbal) and an excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent attention to detail and be able to plan, work under pressure and multi-task.
- Confident using all Microsoft Office programmes.
- Reliably commute to and from the place of work
In return, you will receive:
- Generous Salary of £25,988.28 per year
- Immediate start available
- Permanent full-time contract
- Authorized overtime is required occasionally and is paid at x1.5 basic pay.
- Free parking, free refreshments, and free ice!
- Equivalent of 5.6 weeks statutory holiday leave, and holiday pay is calculated using 12 months’ average earnings.
- Weekends/Bank Holidays which fall on your scheduled working days are normal working days unless holiday is authorized in advance.
- Contributory pension scheme and healthcare cash back scheme
- Working hours are Any 5 in 7 from 0900- 1800/ 0800- 1700 rotating shifts, but flexibility may be required based on the needs of the business.
Interested? Apply today with an up-to-date CV and if your experience matches the job criteria, we will be in touch. This really is a great opportunity to join a rewarding and successful company who is rapidly growing, and they truly value their employees.
|Salary||£25,988.28 per year|
|Working hours||0900- 1800/ 0800- 1700 rotating shifts|