We are a well-established multi-disciplined practice based in Sidcup providing consultancy services across both the public and private sectors.
Established in 1954 we are currently recruiting to supply our recent success as Quantity Surveyors on major frameworks within the Southeast of England
This is an exciting opportunity to join an outstanding team without the commute into London.
You will play an active role in the delivery of project and professional services to a wide range of public and private sector clients, assisting with our further planned expansion into commercial work.
The successful candidate will be working directly on schemes ranging from £500,000 – £30,000,000 both Pre and Post Contract. The candidate will be responsible for reporting directly to the Partner Quantity Surveyors and for assisting in the co-ordination and training of the Intermediate Surveyors within the team.
Day to day task will include but not limited to;
- Cost Estimating
- Procurement and Tendering
- Working with JCT Suite of Contracts
- Measurement to NRM2 standard
- Project Financial Control and Reporting
- Risk Management
A detailed understanding of all of the above will be required.
To be successful in this role you will;
- Be a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS).
- Have extensive experience of Quantity Surveying and the day to day tasks listed above.
- Require previous experience on a variety of public sector works ranging from £500,000 to £30,000,000.
- Be well organised, efficient, using initiative and working to tight deadlines.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with an eye for detail, a commitment to excellence and developing strong client relationships.
- Possess a proactive approach to problem solving and ability to follow these through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Have proven IT skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, ideally will have used measurement software.
- Able to identify areas of commercial opportunity for future development.
- Be flexible, confident, and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service.
- Positive attitude and willing to learn with and develop the team.
- Have experience in managing, mentoring, and training of Juniors / Graduates.
- Full UK driving licence and access to a car.
We are a leading Cost Consultant in the Public Sector competing across London and the South East against Multi National Firms. We can provide the successful candidate with a career rather than just a job. Progression up to Senior Associate Partner role may be available to those who work hard and show commitment to the practice and are able to assist in the growth of the company.
In addition to the salary are company benefits including:- 26 day’s holiday plus bank holidays, staff profit share (bonus) scheme, company pension scheme, health cash plan, payment of professional fees (up to one professional body), life cover, free car parking.
As a practice we operate a flexible week where currently up to 40% of your working week can be undertaken from home. We will provide all new employees with either a fixed workstation or a laptop and will work with them to ensure a suitable working from home setup is in place, should this be required.
The practice arranges regular social events throughout the year including Summer and Christmas events and encourages participation in regular Charity challenges. The practice is proud to have a great working environment and excellent staff retention.
- The practice is renowned for:
Commitment to the training of staff and this role would be supported with CPDs provided to the individual where required.
- Holding Investors in People Gold since 2018
- Recognition of industry awards, including a current nomination for Constructing Excellence SECBE Awards SME of the Year 2023.
- A London Living Wage Employer
- An Equal Opportunities Employer
|Job Category||Quantity Surveyors|