Our client based in Altrincham is currently looking to recruit a Sales Ledger / Accounts Assistant on a permanent basis…
Responsible for the day-to-day Sales Ledger tasks in the business, taking full ownership of processes and month-end reporting tasks to ensure that financial reporting can be accurately produced to meet strict deadlines. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Raise all sales invoices, ensuring that coding to Nominal Ledger is accurate
- Manage the process of invoicing all Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reoccurring customer contracts
- Raise Direct Debits via GoCardless where required
- Actively work on Credit Control – reporting back to Finance & HR Director on a weekly basis to aid with Cash Flow reporting
- Maintenance of the Sales Order listing in Sage, working closely with the Operations team & Project Management team
- Maintaining Customer records keeping them up to date frequently, working closely with external sources to obtain correct ownership to ensure billing is accurate.
- Working with Operations team to make certain that all possible sales are captured
- Management of Sales Inbox, answering all queries, maintaining the filing system and escalating emails where needed
- Developing & maintaining good working relationships with external and internal customers
- Assisting with Audit requirements as needed
- Providing cover for other members of the team as needed, including the Office Manager
- Ensure that all possible sales are captured in the correct periods
- Calculation of accurate Estimated Sales prior to month end
- Creation of the monthly sales report – including correcting Nominal codes and assigning group reporting codes
- Calculation, posting & reconciliation of Sales in Advance
- Calculation of the Sales Accruals journal
- Creation of the monthly Backlog Report
- Working with the Sales team to create the Pipeline Report
- Update & submit reports to Group
- Calculate & post the Bad Debt Provision
- Produce the Aged Debtors Report
- Create & issue the monthly sales report to the Sales Team to allow for analysis against budget.
Relevant experience required including:-
- Sales Ledger
- Month End
- Strong Knowledge of Excel
- Strong Sales Ledger Background
- Be a Team player.
- Can work of their own initiative.
- Experience in working with tight deadlines.
- Experience of Month End procedures
- Possible QSR / Hospitality background
Hours: Monday to Friday – 09:00 to 17:00 with a 1 Hour Lunch Break
Initially, office based with a view to working hybrid after 3 months
|Job Category||Sales Ledger|
|Job hours||09:00 to 17:00|
|Salary||up to £35,000|