The desired applicant will have at least 10 to 15 year’s experience in the offshore industry (less experienced candidates may be considered in some cases) and have extensive experience managing teams, delivering geoscience commissions and geotechnical designs for the offshore industry. You will have a passion for sharing knowledge and advance your technical knowledge and Cathie’s best practices.
Offshore supervision or contractor’s experience in the renewable energy or oil and gas markets, related to offshore foundations, cable landings or cable construction projects is also sought-after.
The successful candidate will:
- Successfully manage, direct or review geoscience, geotechnical design and construction support commissions.
- Lead geoscience teams and work with other disciplines based in various locations. delivering long term offshore geoscience commissions.
- Participate in advancing Cathie’s state of the art database and reporting capabilities, integrating programming skills and database reporting capabilities.
- Build a significant track record in delivering quality products, outputs and work practices.
- Learn, develop and share new technical knowledge (technical publications, presentations, conference participations).
- Mentor junior staff, initiate and contribute to research and development initiatives.
- Show effective management of your team’s work, in terms of efficiency, quality and timescales.
- Hold excellent communication skills, initiative and an excellent teamwork mentality.
- Demonstrate openness, respect for their colleagues and managers, excellent work attitude and strong work ethic.
- Chartered Engineer or Geologist with significant offshore track record
- Offshore cable construction experience, ground modelling experience or geoscience team lead experience.
- Track record in reviewing or directing complex reports and geoscience commissions.
- Team player, mentor and public speaker record.
- In depth awareness of key industry software
- Attention to detail, clear communicator.
- Ability to solve complex problems with innovative solutions.
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise tasks.
- Ability to protect staff from excessive pressure and negotiate with clients on complex situations.
- Offshore Client representative experience
- Knowledge of geotechnical design standards and procedures
- Track record as main author of papers and articles relevant to the industry
|Job Category||Senior Engineering Geologist|