I’m currently recruiting for an experienced Supply Chain manager to join a leading global chemical company.
They are seeking a Supply Chain Manager to have oversight of the Company supply chain, including raw material suppliers, packaging suppliers, logistics, warehousing, demand planning, cash flow and stock management.
You will ensure the Company’s supply chain, logistics and customs processes are cash effective, efficient and compliant. You will also have ownership of the systems and processes surrounding material resource planning and work cross functionally to develop visibility in these processes and implement IT tools and new more efficient ways of working.
Our client is a leading supplier of marking systems for governments and companies throughout the world to protect the value of fuels and branded products against laundering, adulteration and other fraudulent activities. They also supply high-performance chemical technology for industries needing speciality dyes for applications such as lubricants, aerobatic smoke dyes, explosives, non-destructive testing and more.
25 days holiday (increasing to 30 days for long service) + bank holidays.
£45-60K dependent on experience.
35 hours per week (Monday-Friday) with occasional agreed flexibility.
Hybrid working to be discussed.
Profit Related Pay Scheme (bonus scheme subject to eligibility).
Company-wide annual Training Plan for personal and role development.
Paid occupational health scheme.
Pension scheme (4% contribution by employee, 5% contribution by company).
Cycle to work scheme.
A flexible and supportive environment.
- 5+ years’ experience in supply chain management
- Management and leadership experience
- Expertise in import/export, Incoterms and customs procedures, logistics Expertise in customs valuations, duties, taxes, VAT, insurance
- High level of attention to detail.
Chemical industry experience IOSCM qualification/part-qualification
Experience of fuel duty and excise
Project management experience
DGSA and IATA experience
Experience of lean manufacturing principles
Chemistry background is desirable
- Strategic thinking – Taking the longer term into consideration and developing broad scale objectives.
- Conceptual thinking – Iden/tifying key issues, seeing relationships and drawing elements together into broad coherent frameworks
- Positive self-image – Believing in oneself
- Interpersonal Awareness – Drawing inferences about and maintaining awareness of others’ interests, moods and concerns.
- Self-Development Orientation – Taking continuous action to improve personal capability
- Rational Persuasion – Building persuasive arguments based on logic, data and the objective merits of the situation.
- Efficiency Orientation – Looking for best use of resources.
- Development Orientation – Identifying and providing opportunities to improve the capabilities of other people.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Operate safely in everything that you do, supporting the safety culture in the organisation.
- Demonstrate Company Values in everything you do.
- The Supply Chain Manger is expected to cultivate strong working relationships with all departments in the Company.
- The role holder has to be able to communicate and influence across all operational functions in the Company.
- Work with the Business Steering Group to optimise and deliver supply chain strategy.
- Work with the Purchasing and Logistics functions to review end to end supply chain and demand planning, optimise
- and document internal processes, including forecasting, raw material supply, stock management, inbound scheduling,
- outbound scheduling, preferred transport and distribution partners and routings.
- Ensure the supply chain is robust, efficient and cost effective in terms of raw material suppliers, haulage partners, warehousing.
- Oversee and support supply chain contingency planning, taking a risk-based approach.
- Maintain market knowledge of supplier availability, market pricing, contingency supply, dual supply options, and
- support the implementation of cost saving and or quality/efficiency improvements as appropriate.
- Develop audit frameworks with purchasing and stewardship manager to ensure the supply chain partners are suitable.
- Ensure the supply chain information is visible and well-communicated and that the departments work cross-functionally.
- Work with Stewardship department to ensure REACH compliance of all imported materials.
- Support development of the ERP system to improve supply chain efficiency and visibility.
- Understand, manage and optimise duty and customs regimes for our raw materials and products.
- Contribute to the Company Business Plan and strategic objectives as required.
|Salary||£45,000 to £60,000|
|Working Hours||35 Hours (flexible working hours)|