ABOUT MONSTER ENERGY
Monster Energy Company, based in Corona, CA is a NASDAQ listed entity and the owner of (amongst others) the Monster Energy drinks brand, which is number 1 energy drink in its category in the USA. Monster Energy was established in the UK and Ireland at the end of 2008 and operates the supply, sales, distribution, and marketing business of the Monster Energy group across Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA).
Created in 2002, Monster is now one of the leading brands and portfolios in the growing energy drinks category. Sales for the EMEA region were over 65 million cases in 2019 (€601m in sales).
Reporting to the Country Business Manager you will work to acquire new retail stockists in their defined geographical area. Support existing stockists with point-of-sale material and merchandising.
- Location: Field-Based
- Travel: Middle Levels of Travels flexibility when faced with challenges, balanced by the need to maintain good process
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct market activation execution on the market
- Direct promo execution on the market
- Training & coaching of the distribution partner staff
- POS distribution & management
- Acquiring new independent retailers to the profile defined.
- Distributing stock lines per outlet to the mix required.
- Distributing point of sale material and merchandising to existing stockists and new outlets as directed.
- Supporting the appointed distributor with promotional activity as agreed.
- Efficient administration of activity and compliance with Company policy.
- Communicating good quality market information to distributor.
- Activity reporting completed on time and submitted as directed.
- All activities recorded and reported in line with Company policy
- Flexible, enthusiastic, hardworking & committed to a career in sales
- Self-starting, entrepreneurial & highly adaptable in a rapidly changing marketplace
- A diplomat & advocate who can persuade & win over distributor partners, internal/external customers and industry contacts
- Able to work comfortably in a team, but with enough drive to set your own objectives & ensure a steady stream of business development
- A rapid learner & a creative solver of problems
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience and Attitude
- Sales experience – preferably in FMCG and drinks industry
- MS Office experience – comfortable with Excel and Word.
- Driving license.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative in an unsupervised environment.
- Business English
- Shows high energy and a focus on results
- Demonstrates personal responsibility for their performance
- Evidences high commitment – not controlled by the clock
- Very good selling skills
- Very good communication skills
- Very good customer orientation
- Shows an understanding of customer needs – anticipates and deals with objections to achieve results.
- Evidences the ability to treat each opportunity as it comes – not letting one bad day lead to a bad week
- Shows the ability to acknowledge and learn from their mistakes
- Is consistently persuasive with customers and enthusiastic with customers and the team
- Exhibits personal commitment and strong personal values in all their dealings with customers and the team
- Demonstrates strong process and product knowledge to the customer and the team
- Shows good presentation of themselves and their work areas
- Produces consistently strong performance across all measures – not ‘up and down’
- Demonstrates flexibility when faced with challenges, balanced by the need to maintain good process
THE ROLE SPECIFICS
Position: Trade Development Manager (TDM)
Division: EMEA Commercial
Reporting to: Regional Field Manager
Hours / Work Pattern: FT / 40 hours per week
|Job Category||Trade Development Manager|
|Working hours||40 Hours/week|