Posted 2 weeks ago
I’m currently recruiting for an experienced Transport Planner to join a logistics provider with great values who distribute nationwide to Hospitals and Medical Centres.
They are seeking a Transport Planner to support the current transport operation in route planning for UK wide distribution and collections.
- Transport Planning experience is essential
- Previous experience working within a transport operation
- General haulage route planning background is desirable
- Proven experience of planning and arranging collections and multi-drop deliveries is desirable
- Proven ability of problem solving
- Route planning experience on a manual basis
- Ability to liaise with sub-contracted drivers
- Ability to work as part of a team and have strong communication skills.
- Previous experience of working to targets in a fast paced environment.
- Must be proactive, highly driven and have the ability to work under their own initiative.
- Must have good time keeping and organisational skills.
- Ability to use Excel well
- A good geographical knowledge of the UK
- An excellent team player, able to work on own initiative and make decisions
- A positive attitude towards customer service and continuous improvement
Duties and Responsibilities;
- To plan allocated resource pool legally, compliantly and efficiently ensuring compliance is adhered too
- Planning for 40+ drivers
- Driven attitude to succeed and get work done
- Work closely with colleagues within the planning team to ensure fleet utilisation is optimal.
- Monitor and manage vehicle movements from point of origin to destination.
- Report all non-conformances to customers in a timely manner.
- Plan other resource when required for holiday cover etc.
- Take appropriate action on any Health & Safety issues reported with due regard to the urgency and risk presented ensuring compliance with the Company’s Health & Safety policy.
- Other duties as may reasonably be required of you by the management of the Company.
If you have Transport Planner experience within manufacturing or general haulage sector and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply via the link.
23 days holiday + Bank Holidays + Birthday off
|Job Category||Transport Planner|