We are currently looking for a talented and self motivated Development Designer to join our highly successful and growing business in the Cambridgeshire area.
- Able to use computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-assisted software accurately and confidentaly. Solidworks experience preferred but other 3d solid modelling software may be considered.
- Experience with retail fixtures and fittings OR Retail POS/ Point of Sale/ POP/ Point of Purchase OR similar preferred.
- A recognised qualification in a relevant discipline would be a great advantage.
- Those with alternative experience can be considered if the skills accumulated are transferrable.
Day to Day:
- Working in a busy ever changing environment sometimes at fast pace.
- You will be required to work alongside creative designers, to turn your creativity in to reality at every opportunity.
- Obsess about the detail, to ensure that creative expectations are met, and budget limits are respected.
- Take verbal and written briefs from the sales department and project managers to ensure that all stakeholders share their priorities. This would include writing and presenting reports to project managers and clients.
- Work closely with in house manufacturing and external sub-contractors to ensure that what we are designing can be manufactured, efficiently.
- Collect and analyse data from protype testing and modify product design ahead of manufacturing or installation.
- 3D Solid Modelling ie Solid Works/ Edge, Inventor, similar
- Manufacturing environment.
- Materials – metals, woods, acrylics, plastics
- Specific Retail design, Point of Purchase exp, Shopfitting or similar.
Permanent/ Full Time 40 hours per week over 5 days Monday-Friday
£30-35,000 p.a. plus benefits
|Job Category||Development Designer|
|Salary||£30-35,000 p.a. plus benefits|
|Duty Hours||40 hour/week|