Previous experience essential. Based at our Head office in Potters Bar, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of the companies Estimating processes ranging in value from £50,000 to £3 million. They must also be able to display a knowledge of best value and commercial awareness. We are seeking a self motivated and confident individual who is capable of working on their own initiative and as part of a team. Projects are within a 25 mile radius of Potters Bar.
- Preparation of tenders.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with clients, sub-contractors and suppliers to obtain most economical prices.
- Read and fully understand client specifications and drawings.
- Understand documentation required for formal submissions.
- Prepare material, labour, plant and subcontractor cost analysis.
- Preparing estimates to the required standard with all backup and build ups in Excel.
- Prior to submission of tenders, meeting with Directors to outline the projects pros and cons and to agree the final submissions.
- Attending site visits and client meetings
- Consider site safety, health, and environmental issues
- Compile and collate documentation, schedules, and data sheets etc. for inclusion into final formal tender submissions.
- Ensure detailed handover to assigned PM.
- Work to demanding timescales within a successful team.
- Assist others in selection of materials and sub-contractors when required to do so and propose alternative materials or methods.
- Assist with PQQ submissions.
Key skills required:
- Surveying and quoting/estimating experience.
- A good working knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Team working
- The ability to negotiate
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work
Salary negotiable depending on experience. Company Car (or allowance) & phone provided. Statutory Pension.