I’m currently recruiting for an experienced Bills of Materials (BOM) Engineer to join a leading engineering company in Bradford.
Bills of Materials are a comprehensive list of all the raw materials, components, sub-assemblies, and parts needed to manufacture a final product. You will be joining the business at a pivotal time and will have the opportunity to input into and support the engineering function, as the business continues to grow at an exceptional pace, as they move into large scale manufacturing.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining day to day changes in Bills of Materials in an accurate, timely manner whilst supporting sales order engineering and engineering change control processes.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating and managing the parts in the system. This role is responsible for having a high level of interaction across all departments to ensure the completion of the Bills of Materials in a timely, efficient, and detailed manner.
- £30,000 – £35,000 salary (flexible)
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays.
- 38 hours per week, with an midday finish on a Friday.
- Christmas shut down of business.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Pension scheme (4% contribution by company).
- A flexible and supportive environment.
- Planned growth of the company into Europe.
- ast exposure to many areas of the business.
- Ability to interpret Engineering drawings and production documentation.
- Technical knowledge of product structure and processes, understanding of BoM, PLM, Windshield, Open BoM tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical any suitable) or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of vehicle construction including all mechanical, instrumentation, & electrical components.
- Demonstrable experience of BOM control/management & strong understanding of change management processes in a busy manufacturing environment.
- Experience of working cross-functionally within a busy manufacturing environment.
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to details, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- 5 years of relevant work experience – vehicle/automotive manufacturing experience is desirable.
- Good, flexible self-starter with a good work ethic and commitment to engineering excellence
- Ability to manage and interpret data to drive decision making.
- Self-motivated, proactive team player able to successfully cope with tight deadlines whilst ensuring quality of performance.
- ERP/MRP system knowledge (Business Central advantageous)
- Create and maintain accurate bills of materials for all products in our portfolio
- Work with engineering, procurement, and production teams to ensure BOMs are up-to-date and accurate
- Identify and resolve discrepancies in BOMs and work with cross-functional teams to ensure timely resolution
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for BOM creation and maintenance
- Implement processes and tools to improve BOM accuracy and efficiency
- Collaborate with suppliers to ensure their BOMs are accurate and up-to-date
- Assist in the implementation of new products by creating BOMs and ensuring accuracy
- Continuously review and improve BOM creation and maintenance processes
If you are a detail-oriented and analytical engineer with experience in BOM creation and maintenance, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for growth and advancement within the company.
|Job Category||Materials Engineer|
|Salary||£30,000 to £35,000|
|Working Hours||, 38 Hours Per Week (Friday Half Day)|