We are looking for a dedicated and knowledgeable Pre-Assembly Charge Hand to join an award-winning commercial dealer group, that produces fabricated and welded commercial vehicle bodies.
- Working for an official Great Place to Work™️ and UK Best Workplace.
- Working for a Best UK Workplace for Wellbeing.
- Working with our award-winning team – we have been named ‘Service Provider of the Year’ at the WhatVan? Awards 2022 and winners at the IOIC Employee Engagement Awards.
- Access to 100s of employee perks on Perkbox.
- Auto-enrolment pension.
- A day off for your Birthday.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity policies.
- Access to our wellness programme and Employee Assistance Programmes, including WeCare from Canada Life (EAP with 24HR Online GP access and second Medical Opinion).
- Mental Health First Aiders.
- Reward and recognition programmes, including our annual setting standards awards.
- Annual appraisals programme and progression opportunities.
- Manufacturer training and access to our in-house training hub.
- Long service recognition.
- Branded uniform (front of house staff).
- Death in service benefit.
- Ongoing investment in company facilities and working environments
Day to day you will be:
- Working independently and on own initiative to guide, train and mentor other operators in a busy manufacturing environment.
- Reading engineering and fabrication drawings provided and working from own initiative.
- Creating components from sheet and profile products per engineering drawings
- Programming and operating high-definition Plasma cutters; table size 6m x 2m
- Safe use of a press brake machine: 5m, 200 tonnes
- Use of Bandsaw, Drilling equipment and deburring equipment
- Ensuring standards of good housekeeping are achieved in all work areas, including workshops, vehicles and at onsite locations.
- Assisting management in ensuring that servicing, repairs and maintenance of Company machinery and equipment is carried out periodically in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Maintaining Consumable stock levels for your workshop, (grinding equipment, deburring equipment, consumables)
- Unloading deliveries and storing in correct locations
- Carrying out any other reasonable projects, tasks or duties to support the business as directed by management.
- Liaising with site health and safety representatives as required and compliance with company H&S, maintenance procedures & quality control to work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others
- Ensuring good personal time keeping and conduct in line with agreed policies and procedures.
- Carrying out duties with minimum supervision using own initiative to plan and prioritise workload within set timescales.
- Assisting management in ensuring that all tools/equipment issued are accounted for and traceable to prevent financial loss to the Company and also to report any instances of theft/loss.
- Ensuring all safety, regulatory, rule and Company changes/alterations to working practises are adhered to and that all necessary records and inspections are maintained at all times to comply with current legislation.
- You want to live and breathe our company values of Rewarding, Reliable and Respectful.
- You put health and safety and employee wellbeing first
- Team Management: 2 years (Required)
- Plasma cutter experience: 2 years (Required)
- Press break and other equipment: 2 years (Required)
|Job Category||Pre-Assembly Charge Hand|
|Working Hours||40 hours|